Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Avatar Inspired Musings

Disclaimer: You may not want to read this until after you have seen the movie.

While watching Avatar tonight, I was amazed by the parallel between the Ikran and its rider and Jake and Neytiri. The connection was obvious and beautifully real to me. The idea that when you find what is truly yours, whether a relationship or your assignment in this life, our first reaction tends to be rebellion. We lash out and thrash at it, attempting to harm or even kill it. I believe that it is because we know that the necessary connection requires true submission.

Basically, from the Ikran's perspective their will is completely relinquished to its rider. It means that what the rider thinks the Ikran does, without question. To become one with your destiny you must die to self.

Who wouldn't fight that. No one says "I want to be out of control," or "in the control of others." We say "I need to be in control," but true destiny, whatever it may be for you, requires surrender. In life, love, and faith.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about this!!! This film was like a spiritual mine-field!!! It was awesome! I LOVED "I SEE YOU". So powerful! With your permission, I'd like to copy your blog, and add it as an entry to my own (giving you credit of course) ;). Luv Ya!

    ReplyDelete