Monday, September 13, 2010

Waiting for Superman

I just saw "Waiting for Superman" tonight. A documentary directed by Davis Guggenheim. AMAZING! Every teacher, parent, principal, student, and concerned citizen needs to see this film. I saw so much of my own experience with public schools revealed, and watched as the myths about education in suburbia and inner city schools were challenged. I left inspired and ready to make a change, no matter how small. The film forces you to look at the future of this country if we continue to rob our children of what they deserve, simply because it makes us as taxpayers, teachers, and adults feel comfortable.

The movie opens in Atlanta on October 8th and I will not only be attending, I plan to bring as many people with me as I can. I encourage you to do the same. Visit the link below and find out when it opens in your area. Please support this film, because even if you don't agree with everything that is said, it is the beginning of a conversation that we must have: why doesn't our system work, and how do we make it work?

Take a moment to visit the link and watch the trailer.

http://film.waitingforsuperman.com

See you at the theater...

No comments:

Post a Comment